Chelsea`s de Bruyne Wolfsburg bound: Reports
Berlin: Kevin de Bruyne, Chelsea`s Beligan midfielder, is on the verge of signing for German club Wolfsburg in a deal worth around 20 million euros ($27 million), according to press reports on Monday.
De Bruyne, 22, has only played nine games, three of them in the Premier League, this season and Chelsea are ready to off-load him, according to the mass-circulation daily Bild.
The Wolfsburger Nachrichten reported the player would have a medical early this week and join his new team mates on a training camp in China.
But Wolfsburg manager Klaus Allofs told the local newspaper: "We`re not quite at the stage of confirming the transfer, but the differences with Chelsea are not insurmountable."
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho confirmed last Friday that two offers had been received for the Belgian international and that one of them could interest both the club and the player.
De Bruyne, under contract with Chelsea until 2017, is understood to be keen on a return to Germany, where he spent a successful season on loan at Werder Bremen last year.
And for Wolfsburg, he could be the ideal replacement for Brazilian Diego, who is expected to leave the club at the end of the season.
He would become ambitious Wolfsburg`s second big money signing of the campaign, following the 20 milion euros they shelled out for Brazilian defensive midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video