Chelsea`s de Bruyne Wolfsburg bound: Reports
Berlin: Kevin de Bruyne, Chelsea`s Beligan midfielder, is on the verge of signing for German club Wolfsburg in a deal worth around 20 million euros ($27 million), according to press reports on Monday.
De Bruyne, 22, has only played nine games, three of them in the Premier League, this season and Chelsea are ready to off-load him, according to the mass-circulation daily Bild.
The Wolfsburger Nachrichten reported the player would have a medical early this week and join his new team mates on a training camp in China.
But Wolfsburg manager Klaus Allofs told the local newspaper: "We`re not quite at the stage of confirming the transfer, but the differences with Chelsea are not insurmountable."
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho confirmed last Friday that two offers had been received for the Belgian international and that one of them could interest both the club and the player.
De Bruyne, under contract with Chelsea until 2017, is understood to be keen on a return to Germany, where he spent a successful season on loan at Werder Bremen last year.
And for Wolfsburg, he could be the ideal replacement for Brazilian Diego, who is expected to leave the club at the end of the season.
He would become ambitious Wolfsburg`s second big money signing of the campaign, following the 20 milion euros they shelled out for Brazilian defensive midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in