Chelsea`s de Bruyne Wolfsburg bound: Reports
Berlin: Kevin de Bruyne, Chelsea`s Beligan midfielder, is on the verge of signing for German club Wolfsburg in a deal worth around 20 million euros ($27 million), according to press reports on Monday.
De Bruyne, 22, has only played nine games, three of them in the Premier League, this season and Chelsea are ready to off-load him, according to the mass-circulation daily Bild.
The Wolfsburger Nachrichten reported the player would have a medical early this week and join his new team mates on a training camp in China.
But Wolfsburg manager Klaus Allofs told the local newspaper: "We`re not quite at the stage of confirming the transfer, but the differences with Chelsea are not insurmountable."
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho confirmed last Friday that two offers had been received for the Belgian international and that one of them could interest both the club and the player.
De Bruyne, under contract with Chelsea until 2017, is understood to be keen on a return to Germany, where he spent a successful season on loan at Werder Bremen last year.
And for Wolfsburg, he could be the ideal replacement for Brazilian Diego, who is expected to leave the club at the end of the season.
He would become ambitious Wolfsburg`s second big money signing of the campaign, following the 20 milion euros they shelled out for Brazilian defensive midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP