Chelsea`s Lampard and Ivanovic ruled out for a month
London: Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and defender Branislav Ivanovic will be out of action until the end of January, the Chelsea website (www.chelseafc.com) reported on Wednesday.
Following a 3-0 Premier League win at Southampton that left his side two points behind leaders Arsenal, manager Jose Mourinho said the injuries they sustained in Saturday`s 2-1 home win over Liverpool would rule the pair out for about a month.
Serbian Ivanovic suffered a knee injury and was substituted in the first half while England international Lampard sustained a muscle injury and did not come out for the second half.
They will miss Sunday`s FA Cup third round tie at Derby County before Chelsea play league games at Hull City and at home to Manchester United and West Ham United later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says