Chelsea`s Lampard and Ivanovic ruled out for a month
London: Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and defender Branislav Ivanovic will be out of action until the end of January, the Chelsea website (www.chelseafc.com) reported on Wednesday.
Following a 3-0 Premier League win at Southampton that left his side two points behind leaders Arsenal, manager Jose Mourinho said the injuries they sustained in Saturday`s 2-1 home win over Liverpool would rule the pair out for about a month.
Serbian Ivanovic suffered a knee injury and was substituted in the first half while England international Lampard sustained a muscle injury and did not come out for the second half.
They will miss Sunday`s FA Cup third round tie at Derby County before Chelsea play league games at Hull City and at home to Manchester United and West Ham United later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Dozen laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Pakistan has received Letters Rogatory in Pathankot case: Minister
- Interlinking rivers only solution to drought: Government
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch