Chelsea`s Marco van Ginkel out for season: Reports
London: Chelsea`s new Dutch signing, Marco van Ginkel, will miss the rest of the season and next year`s World Cup after sustaining a serious knee injury, according to various reports in the British media on Thursday.
The midfielder, in only his second start for Jose Mourinho`s side since his switch from Vitesse Arnhem, tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Tuesday`s League Cup win over Swindon.
The damage was confirmed by an MRI scan, reports said.
Van Ginkel went down injured following an early challenge by Swindon`s Alex Pritchard. Despite trying to play on, van Ginkel then went off in the 10th minute at League One Swindon`s County Ground.
"We`ve got an injury to Marco which, it`s a little bit too early to be certain but it doesn`t look good," said Chelsea assistant first-team coach Steve Holland after the game.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged