Chelsea set to keep faith in ‘old guard’ Lampard by offering him new contract
London: Chelsea is ready to stick to their famous old guards with the club offering new deals to veterans Frank Lampard, Michael Essien and Florent Malouda.
However, the club has released two of its first team players in Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa.
In Kalou’s case, Chelsea may still be willing to negotiate a new deal if their next manager wants him, The Daily Mail reports.
Lampard, 33, has a year left on his current 150,000 pound-a-week deal, but can expect to move up 25,000 pounds a week into Fernando Torres’s pay scale.
Chelsea still hope Eden Hazard will sign from Lille and, according to a report in South America on Wednesday, they have had a 32 million pound bid for Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas Moura, 19, rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?