Chelsea set to keep faith in ‘old guard’ Lampard by offering him new contract
London: Chelsea is ready to stick to their famous old guards with the club offering new deals to veterans Frank Lampard, Michael Essien and Florent Malouda.
However, the club has released two of its first team players in Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa.
In Kalou’s case, Chelsea may still be willing to negotiate a new deal if their next manager wants him, The Daily Mail reports.
Lampard, 33, has a year left on his current 150,000 pound-a-week deal, but can expect to move up 25,000 pounds a week into Fernando Torres’s pay scale.
Chelsea still hope Eden Hazard will sign from Lille and, according to a report in South America on Wednesday, they have had a 32 million pound bid for Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas Moura, 19, rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details