Chelsea sign Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer
Zee News Bureau
London: English Premier League Club Chelsea has signed Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, a move aimed at solving Chelsea’s goalkeeping dilemma.
As per reports, Schwarzer has signed a one-year deal with Chelsea after leaving Fulham this summer since his contract expired. The 40-year-old keeper has played for Bradford City, Middlesbrough and Fulham for last 15 years.
He also became the first overseas player to complete 500 English Premier League appearances last season.
"It`s a phenomenal club," Schwarzer was quoted as saying by the Chelsea website www.chelseafc.com on Tuesday.
"It`s one of the biggest and best clubs in the world and it`s an honour to sign for Chelsea. I didn`t take much convincing to come here."
Schwarzer revealed returning Blues boss Mourinho had persuaded him to join `one of the best clubs in the country`. The Australian also helped his country qualify for the World Cup in Brazil next summer. He has 108 caps for Australia and his crowning moments in England include winning the League Cup with Middlesbrough in 2003 and playing in the 2006 UEFA Cup and 2010 Europa League finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress