Chelsea sign Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer
Zee News Bureau
London: English Premier League Club Chelsea has signed Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, a move aimed at solving Chelsea’s goalkeeping dilemma.
As per reports, Schwarzer has signed a one-year deal with Chelsea after leaving Fulham this summer since his contract expired. The 40-year-old keeper has played for Bradford City, Middlesbrough and Fulham for last 15 years.
He also became the first overseas player to complete 500 English Premier League appearances last season.
"It`s a phenomenal club," Schwarzer was quoted as saying by the Chelsea website www.chelseafc.com on Tuesday.
"It`s one of the biggest and best clubs in the world and it`s an honour to sign for Chelsea. I didn`t take much convincing to come here."
Schwarzer revealed returning Blues boss Mourinho had persuaded him to join `one of the best clubs in the country`. The Australian also helped his country qualify for the World Cup in Brazil next summer. He has 108 caps for Australia and his crowning moments in England include winning the League Cup with Middlesbrough in 2003 and playing in the 2006 UEFA Cup and 2010 Europa League finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'