London: Chelsea announced they had suspended two more people from the club`s Stamford Bridge stadium on Friday as their investigation into the Paris Metro racism incident gathered pace.
A commuter, described in media reports as French-Mauritanian Souleymane S, was blocked from boarding a train by fans travelling to the Parc des Princes for the 1-1 draw against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Footage captured by a bystander appears to show Souleymane being pushed back on to the platform amid chants of "we`re racist, we`re racist and that`s the way we like it".
The west London club had already suspended three men and on Friday they revealed two more people would be barred, with the potential for life bans.
"Chelsea Football Club has suspended a further two people from Stamford Bridge as a result of ongoing investigations into the incident on the Paris Metro on Tuesday evening," a statement on the club`s website announced.
"This makes a total of five to date. If it is deemed there is sufficient evidence of their involvement in the incident, the club will issue banning orders for life."
The club`s investigation is being undertaken in conjunction with the Metropolitan and Paris police.
Later on Friday, the Metropolitan Police released images of three other fans they believe were involved in the incident and appealed for help to identify the trio.
The three singled out in images taken from the Metro are not the same as the trio initially suspended by Chelsea.
A Chelsea spokesman stated that owner Roman Abramovich is "disgusted" by the incident, while Blues boss Jose Mourinho said he was "ashamed".
Chelsea said they have apologised in writing to Souleymane and invited him and his family to London to attend the second leg of the European clash against PSG on March 11.
But in an interview given to BBC Radio 5 Live on Friday, Souleymane argued that Chelsea hold a degree of liability for the conduct of their fans and has yet to receive any contact from Stamford Bridge.
"Chelsea are partly responsible and I have brought a complaint. They have partial responsibility because it`s their supporters," Souleymane said.
"Chelsea need to call my lawyers and they haven`t done that yet, unlike PSG. Their director general has called my lawyer and he called me. I haven`t had any reply from Chelsea. Nothing."