Chelsea target Lille’s Eden Hazard
London: Chelsea are hoping to snatch Lille’s Eden Hazard from under the noses of Premier League champs Manchester City.
The Blues entered the race to grab the Belgian footballer, 21, last week.
The Stamford Bridge club are believed to have met his representatives and could be close to landing him in a 25 million pound deal.
According to The Sun, if Chelsea succeeds, it would be a major blow to City and Manchester United, who have been tracking the player for more than a year.
City have already taken Hazard on a tour of properties in Cheshire earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet