Chelsea targets Atletico Madrid striker Falcao to replace Drogba
London: Atletico Madrid’s 50 million pound rated striker Radamel Falcao is Chelsea’s top priority buy in the upcoming transfer window, and would be expected to replace outgoing Didier Drogba at the club.
The European champions have already held a series of technical-based forward planning meetings designed to shape next season`s footballing operation.
With Drogba agreeing to join Chinese club Shanghai Shenua, the Chelsea hierarchy is pondering over various options to replace him at the club.
Falcao, Napoli center-forward Edinson Cavani and Real Madrid goal scorer Gonzalo Higuain feature on the list of potential replacements for the Ivorian.
According to reports, Falcao has now edged to the top of the club`s striker wish list.
Former manager Andre Villas-Boas initiated Chelsea`s interest in Falcao following his arrival last summer, as the pair worked together at Porto before leaving Portugal for new Chelsea of last season.
Falcao, a Colombia international, has continued his prolific goal scoring form in Spain, bagging 36 goals in his first season at Atletico.
If Chelsea`s swoop Falcao proves successful then he is likely to join Fernando Torres in a new-look strike force next season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach