Chelsea targets Atletico Madrid striker Falcao to replace Drogba
London: Atletico Madrid’s 50 million pound rated striker Radamel Falcao is Chelsea’s top priority buy in the upcoming transfer window, and would be expected to replace outgoing Didier Drogba at the club.
The European champions have already held a series of technical-based forward planning meetings designed to shape next season`s footballing operation.
With Drogba agreeing to join Chinese club Shanghai Shenua, the Chelsea hierarchy is pondering over various options to replace him at the club.
Falcao, Napoli center-forward Edinson Cavani and Real Madrid goal scorer Gonzalo Higuain feature on the list of potential replacements for the Ivorian.
According to reports, Falcao has now edged to the top of the club`s striker wish list.
Former manager Andre Villas-Boas initiated Chelsea`s interest in Falcao following his arrival last summer, as the pair worked together at Porto before leaving Portugal for new Chelsea of last season.
Falcao, a Colombia international, has continued his prolific goal scoring form in Spain, bagging 36 goals in his first season at Atletico.
If Chelsea`s swoop Falcao proves successful then he is likely to join Fernando Torres in a new-look strike force next season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union