Chelsea to give Drogba last chance to sign new contract
London: Ace striker Didier Drogba will be given one last chance to sign a new Chelsea contract, as the club is all set to hand the 34-year-old the option of a further 12 months if he continues to play next season.
Drogba has already rejected a new one-year deal on his current salary of 100,000 pounds-a-week.
Chelsea is hoping that compromise will be enough to convince Drogba to turn his back on a 200,000 pounds-a-week move to China and finish his career in London, The Sun reports.
“Everyone is keen to keep Didier but the owner won’t be held to ransom. He has to be realistic with his demands if he wants to continue playing at the highest level,” a club source said.
The Ivorian international has been promised a 20 million pounds package to play in China until 2014.
Even if he agrees to stay, Chelsea will try to sign Napoli striker Edinson Cavani or Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on