Chelsea to pay 45 million pounds for Pato
London: Chelsea FC coach Carlo Ancelotti will pay 45 million pounds for Brazilian star Alexandre Pato and then loan him back to A C Milan for a year!
If this deal goes through, Chelsea will smash the previous transfer record for a teenager – 27.5 million pounds paid for Wayne Rooney by Manchester United.
Ancelotti believes his former club will now do business after rejecting all of Chelsea’s earlier approaches for the 19-year-old, tipped to be one of the world’s best.
A Stamford Bridge insider said: “Ancelotti’s so keen to capture Pato that he will pay a club record fee and still allow the kid to stay at Milan for another season. That tells you how highly he values him.”
The Blues boss gave Pato his big break in Italian football after he was signed from Brazil’s Internacional in 2007.
“Chelsea are hoping it is the perfect deal both for them and for Milan.”
Pato is currently earning on just over 50,000-pounds a week at Milan - one of their lowest paid stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar-India border; tremors felt in Assam
- Was Aamir Khan all set to do a 'Rustom'? Here's what we know so far