Chelsea to pay 45 million pounds for Pato
London: Chelsea FC coach Carlo Ancelotti will pay 45 million pounds for Brazilian star Alexandre Pato and then loan him back to A C Milan for a year!
If this deal goes through, Chelsea will smash the previous transfer record for a teenager – 27.5 million pounds paid for Wayne Rooney by Manchester United.
Ancelotti believes his former club will now do business after rejecting all of Chelsea’s earlier approaches for the 19-year-old, tipped to be one of the world’s best.
A Stamford Bridge insider said: “Ancelotti’s so keen to capture Pato that he will pay a club record fee and still allow the kid to stay at Milan for another season. That tells you how highly he values him.”
The Blues boss gave Pato his big break in Italian football after he was signed from Brazil’s Internacional in 2007.
“Chelsea are hoping it is the perfect deal both for them and for Milan.”
Pato is currently earning on just over 50,000-pounds a week at Milan - one of their lowest paid stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata