Chelsea to pay 45 million pounds for Pato
London: Chelsea FC coach Carlo Ancelotti will pay 45 million pounds for Brazilian star Alexandre Pato and then loan him back to A C Milan for a year!
If this deal goes through, Chelsea will smash the previous transfer record for a teenager – 27.5 million pounds paid for Wayne Rooney by Manchester United.
Ancelotti believes his former club will now do business after rejecting all of Chelsea’s earlier approaches for the 19-year-old, tipped to be one of the world’s best.
A Stamford Bridge insider said: “Ancelotti’s so keen to capture Pato that he will pay a club record fee and still allow the kid to stay at Milan for another season. That tells you how highly he values him.”
The Blues boss gave Pato his big break in Italian football after he was signed from Brazil’s Internacional in 2007.
“Chelsea are hoping it is the perfect deal both for them and for Milan.”
Pato is currently earning on just over 50,000-pounds a week at Milan - one of their lowest paid stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!