Chelsea to pay 45 million pounds for Pato
London: Chelsea FC coach Carlo Ancelotti will pay 45 million pounds for Brazilian star Alexandre Pato and then loan him back to A C Milan for a year!
If this deal goes through, Chelsea will smash the previous transfer record for a teenager – 27.5 million pounds paid for Wayne Rooney by Manchester United.
Ancelotti believes his former club will now do business after rejecting all of Chelsea’s earlier approaches for the 19-year-old, tipped to be one of the world’s best.
A Stamford Bridge insider said: “Ancelotti’s so keen to capture Pato that he will pay a club record fee and still allow the kid to stay at Milan for another season. That tells you how highly he values him.”
The Blues boss gave Pato his big break in Italian football after he was signed from Brazil’s Internacional in 2007.
“Chelsea are hoping it is the perfect deal both for them and for Milan.”
Pato is currently earning on just over 50,000-pounds a week at Milan - one of their lowest paid stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media