Chelsea to pay 45 million pounds for Pato
London: Chelsea FC coach Carlo Ancelotti will pay 45 million pounds for Brazilian star Alexandre Pato and then loan him back to A C Milan for a year!
If this deal goes through, Chelsea will smash the previous transfer record for a teenager – 27.5 million pounds paid for Wayne Rooney by Manchester United.
Ancelotti believes his former club will now do business after rejecting all of Chelsea’s earlier approaches for the 19-year-old, tipped to be one of the world’s best.
A Stamford Bridge insider said: “Ancelotti’s so keen to capture Pato that he will pay a club record fee and still allow the kid to stay at Milan for another season. That tells you how highly he values him.”
The Blues boss gave Pato his big break in Italian football after he was signed from Brazil’s Internacional in 2007.
“Chelsea are hoping it is the perfect deal both for them and for Milan.”
Pato is currently earning on just over 50,000-pounds a week at Milan - one of their lowest paid stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday