Chelsea to sign Benfica midfielder Ramires
London: Chelsea have agreed to sign Brazil midfielder Ramires from Benfica for a fee of 22 million euros (18 million pounds), the Portuguese club said.
The deal is subject to the 23 year-old passing a medical at the Premier League club.
Ramires joined Benfica from Cruzeiro in May 2009 and a month later he earned his first senior cap for Brazil.
He played a key part in the Benfica team which lifted the Portuguese title in May for the first time in five years, making 26 appearances and scoring four goals.
The pacy versatile midfielder went on to earn another 15 caps, including five appearances at the Confederations Cup in 2009 and four at this year`s World Cup in South Africa, where Brazil were knocked out by the Netherlands in the quarter- finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack