Chelsea to sign Benfica midfielder Ramires
London: Chelsea have agreed to sign Brazil midfielder Ramires from Benfica for a fee of 22 million euros (18 million pounds), the Portuguese club said.
The deal is subject to the 23 year-old passing a medical at the Premier League club.
Ramires joined Benfica from Cruzeiro in May 2009 and a month later he earned his first senior cap for Brazil.
He played a key part in the Benfica team which lifted the Portuguese title in May for the first time in five years, making 26 appearances and scoring four goals.
The pacy versatile midfielder went on to earn another 15 caps, including five appearances at the Confederations Cup in 2009 and four at this year`s World Cup in South Africa, where Brazil were knocked out by the Netherlands in the quarter- finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok