Chelsea told to make `serious` offer for star
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s football club Atletico Mineiro has warned Chelsea they will need to make "a serious" offer to buy highly rated midfielder Bernard.
The 20-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to the London club in the January transfer window after an outstanding season for Atletico in Brazil`s Serie A championship, reports Xinhua.
"We haven`t had a serious offer yet," Atletico`s president Alexandre Kalil said.
"We are going to wait because people in the know tell me that the offers will come."
Led by Bernard and two-time FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho, Atletico rose from 15th in 2011 to second in Brazil`s top flight standings this year.
While the club has already secured Ronaldinho for another season, Kalil said he would not hesitate to sell Bernard if the price was right.
"I don`t have any qualms about selling anybody," Kalil said.
"You have to sell and sell for good money. If you sell Bernard, how much do you need to make up for that loss? That is what I have to think about."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly