Chelsea wants to replace Drogba with Real Madrid’s Higuain next season
London: Chelsea is planning to make a 35 million pound move for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain at the end of the season.
It is understood that Chelsea wants to replace their Ivorian striker Didier Drogba, who is set to quit this summer, with Higuain.
Madrid could be willing to do business, as boss Jose Mourinho wants Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero at the Bernabeu next season.
“Higuain is top of the shopping list. He has a phenomenal goal scoring record for Real and for Argentina, but he helps make lots of goals too,” The Sun quoted a Chelsea source, as saying.
“He would be perfect for us, the sort of player who would thrive in the Premier League,” the source added.
Higuain’s strike record is impressive. He has scored 25 goals in 51 games this season with eight assists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre