Chelsea wants to replace Drogba with Real Madrid’s Higuain next season
London: Chelsea is planning to make a 35 million pound move for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain at the end of the season.
It is understood that Chelsea wants to replace their Ivorian striker Didier Drogba, who is set to quit this summer, with Higuain.
Madrid could be willing to do business, as boss Jose Mourinho wants Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero at the Bernabeu next season.
“Higuain is top of the shopping list. He has a phenomenal goal scoring record for Real and for Argentina, but he helps make lots of goals too,” The Sun quoted a Chelsea source, as saying.
“He would be perfect for us, the sort of player who would thrive in the Premier League,” the source added.
Higuain’s strike record is impressive. He has scored 25 goals in 51 games this season with eight assists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!