Chelsea’s £17m bid for German striker Schurrle rejected
London: German club Bayern Leverkusen has rejected Chelsea’s 17 million pound offer for striker Andre Schurrle.
The German international joined Leverkusen from Mainz in 2011, and has since established himself as one of the most exciting young talents in the Bundesliga.
Schurrle has won 16 caps for Germany and was a member of their Euro 2012 squad where he made two substitute appearances in the victories over Denmark and Greece.
“We have received a very concrete offer from Chelsea for Andre Schurrle worth over €20m,” The Daily Mail quoted Leverkusen chief executive officer Wolfgang Holzhauser, as saying.
“Both clubs shoved figures back and forth for a while, but we eventually opted to hold on to Andre,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees