Chelsea’s £17m bid for German striker Schurrle rejected
London: German club Bayern Leverkusen has rejected Chelsea’s 17 million pound offer for striker Andre Schurrle.
The German international joined Leverkusen from Mainz in 2011, and has since established himself as one of the most exciting young talents in the Bundesliga.
Schurrle has won 16 caps for Germany and was a member of their Euro 2012 squad where he made two substitute appearances in the victories over Denmark and Greece.
“We have received a very concrete offer from Chelsea for Andre Schurrle worth over €20m,” The Daily Mail quoted Leverkusen chief executive officer Wolfgang Holzhauser, as saying.
“Both clubs shoved figures back and forth for a while, but we eventually opted to hold on to Andre,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote