Chelsea’s £17m bid for German striker Schurrle rejected
London: German club Bayern Leverkusen has rejected Chelsea’s 17 million pound offer for striker Andre Schurrle.
The German international joined Leverkusen from Mainz in 2011, and has since established himself as one of the most exciting young talents in the Bundesliga.
Schurrle has won 16 caps for Germany and was a member of their Euro 2012 squad where he made two substitute appearances in the victories over Denmark and Greece.
“We have received a very concrete offer from Chelsea for Andre Schurrle worth over €20m,” The Daily Mail quoted Leverkusen chief executive officer Wolfgang Holzhauser, as saying.
“Both clubs shoved figures back and forth for a while, but we eventually opted to hold on to Andre,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened