Chelsea’s Terry may not make it to England squad for Euro 2012
London: With the Football Association appointing Roy Hodgson as the new manager of the England squad in place of Italian Fabio Capello, there is a possibility that Chelsea FC captain John Terry could be axed from the national squad for the Euros 2012.
According to a report in The Sun, Coach Hodgson does not seem in favour or comfortable about having both Terry and Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand in the same squad, as he believes the presence of both men will cause divisions in the camp.
Hodgson has not yet spoken to either player about the situation.
But Terry has said he has no problems about going to the Euros whoever is in the squad and insists he will never give up on England.
Ferdinand wants to go too but has not voiced his feelings publicly.
Even if the pair insist there will be no animosity, Hodgson is still concerned about the atmosphere that could be created among the squad.
It would be a bitter blow for Terry if he is axed, especially as he is also suspended for Chelsea’s Champions League final against Bayern Munich.
Hodgson names his squad next Wednesday and flies out for a training camp in Spain the following Monday before a friendly in Norway on May 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees