Cherundolo in quarantine due to swine flu fears
Hannover: Hannover defender Steve Cherundolo has been placed in quarantine due to a United States teammate testing positive for what is believed to be swine flu.
Cherundolo played for the US in its 2-1 loss in Mexico on Wednesday. After the game, Los Angeles Galaxy forward Landon Donovan tested positive for the influenza A virus, which was presumed to be the H1N1 strain known as swine flu.
Cherundolo was isolated from Hannover teammates upon his return and is expected to remain under observation until next week.
The Bundelisga club said today: “It’s a precautionary measure. Cherundolo has no symptoms of the illness.”
Cherundolo will miss the home game against promoted Mainz later on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan