Cherundolo in quarantine due to swine flu fears
Hannover: Hannover defender Steve Cherundolo has been placed in quarantine due to a United States teammate testing positive for what is believed to be swine flu.
Cherundolo played for the US in its 2-1 loss in Mexico on Wednesday. After the game, Los Angeles Galaxy forward Landon Donovan tested positive for the influenza A virus, which was presumed to be the H1N1 strain known as swine flu.
Cherundolo was isolated from Hannover teammates upon his return and is expected to remain under observation until next week.
The Bundelisga club said today: “It’s a precautionary measure. Cherundolo has no symptoms of the illness.”
Cherundolo will miss the home game against promoted Mainz later on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor