Chhetri denied visa to travel to Singapore for AFC Cup match
New Delhi: Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri and his Churchill Brothers team-mate Balal Arezou from Afghanistan have been denied visas to travel to Singapore to play against that county`s club Warriors FC in an AFC Cup match.
A team official told PTI that Chhetri, Arezou and club chairman Churchill Alemao have been denied visas by the Singapore Consulate in Mumbai for the Goan side`s AFC Cup match in Singapore scheduled for April 10.
"On Friday the club got a letter from Singapore Consulate in Mumbai that Chhetri, Arezou and Alemao will not be granted visas to travel to Singapore. The consulate gave no reason for the rejection. The players and Alemao will re-apply again," the official said.
The other members of the team left for Singapore on Sunday without the two players and club chairman.
Churchill no lie in third place in Group E with four points from three matches. They have lost one match, drawn one and lost one in the home-and-away group league competition so far. They had beaten the Singapore side 3-0 in their home match on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn