Chhetri goal not enough to save India from another loss
New Delhi: Sunil Chhetri`s goal in the final moments of the game proved a mere consolation as India went down 1-3 to third division Czech side TJ Domalice in their final practice match at the Domazlice Stadium in Czech Republic.
Goals either side of the half from striker Hrdlicka, and defenders Bauer and Tuma helped the Czech outfit to script a convincing win over the visitors.
Birthday boy Chhetri came off the bench to pull one back in the dying minutes of the match to take his tally to three goals in as many matches, scoring a brace in the previous match against FK Manik Most.
India wasted three good chances to get the game on track in the final minutes of the match with substitutes Francis Fernandes, Clifton Dias and Robin Singh all spurning gilt edged chances in three back-to-back minutes.
A penalty claim was also turned down in added time when Tuma clambered all over Chhetri`s back to bring him down.
To start off, national coach Wim Koevermans made as many as nine changes from the last match with only right winger Mandar Rao Desai and left back Narayan Das keeping their places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!