Chhetri goal not enough to save India from another loss
New Delhi: Sunil Chhetri`s goal in the final moments of the game proved a mere consolation as India went down 1-3 to third division Czech side TJ Domalice in their final practice match at the Domazlice Stadium in Czech Republic.
Goals either side of the half from striker Hrdlicka, and defenders Bauer and Tuma helped the Czech outfit to script a convincing win over the visitors.
Birthday boy Chhetri came off the bench to pull one back in the dying minutes of the match to take his tally to three goals in as many matches, scoring a brace in the previous match against FK Manik Most.
India wasted three good chances to get the game on track in the final minutes of the match with substitutes Francis Fernandes, Clifton Dias and Robin Singh all spurning gilt edged chances in three back-to-back minutes.
A penalty claim was also turned down in added time when Tuma clambered all over Chhetri`s back to bring him down.
To start off, national coach Wim Koevermans made as many as nine changes from the last match with only right winger Mandar Rao Desai and left back Narayan Das keeping their places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam