Chhetri goal not enough to save India from another loss
New Delhi: Sunil Chhetri`s goal in the final moments of the game proved a mere consolation as India went down 1-3 to third division Czech side TJ Domalice in their final practice match at the Domazlice Stadium in Czech Republic.
Goals either side of the half from striker Hrdlicka, and defenders Bauer and Tuma helped the Czech outfit to script a convincing win over the visitors.
Birthday boy Chhetri came off the bench to pull one back in the dying minutes of the match to take his tally to three goals in as many matches, scoring a brace in the previous match against FK Manik Most.
India wasted three good chances to get the game on track in the final minutes of the match with substitutes Francis Fernandes, Clifton Dias and Robin Singh all spurning gilt edged chances in three back-to-back minutes.
A penalty claim was also turned down in added time when Tuma clambered all over Chhetri`s back to bring him down.
To start off, national coach Wim Koevermans made as many as nine changes from the last match with only right winger Mandar Rao Desai and left back Narayan Das keeping their places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani