Chhetri makes Portuguese 2nd Division debut
New Delhi: Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri has made his Portuguese second division league debut for his side Sporting Clube de Portugal against SC Freamunde in an away match.
Chhetri came in as a late substitute and played only the last five minutes of the match, which his side won 2-0 at SC Freamunde stadium at Freamunde, around 180km north of Lisbon yesterday.
With the win, Sporting Clube de Portugal, also known as Sporting Lisbon, moved to second place in the Liga de Honra (second division) league table behind Belenenses Lisbon.
It was, however, an uneventful first game for striker Chhetri as he was on the field from the 85th minute till the end and could not do much.
Chhetri had also played for Sporting Clube de Portugal reserve side in pre-season before he was in India for the Nehru Cup in August-September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!