Chiellini out of Italy-Brazil match
Rome: Defender Giorgio Chiellini has been left out of the upcoming friendly between Italy and Brazil, Italy doctor Enrico Castellacci confirmed.
The Juventus defender left Italy training camp Wednesday after being examined by the Azzurri`s medical staff.
"As promised, we looked at Chiellini`s problem again today," Castellacci said. "I wasn`t optimistic."
"We already knew that he wouldn`t be able to play Brazil Thursday, while we hoped he could be ready for Malta Tuesday - even if there were still doubts about that tie too. He was border-line.
"Both ankles are swollen and he returns home to continue treatment. He twisted his left ankle, but he`s also struggling with his right one," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj