Chiellini out of Italy-Brazil match
Rome: Defender Giorgio Chiellini has been left out of the upcoming friendly between Italy and Brazil, Italy doctor Enrico Castellacci confirmed.
The Juventus defender left Italy training camp Wednesday after being examined by the Azzurri`s medical staff.
"As promised, we looked at Chiellini`s problem again today," Castellacci said. "I wasn`t optimistic."
"We already knew that he wouldn`t be able to play Brazil Thursday, while we hoped he could be ready for Malta Tuesday - even if there were still doubts about that tie too. He was border-line.
"Both ankles are swollen and he returns home to continue treatment. He twisted his left ankle, but he`s also struggling with his right one," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open