Chiellini out of Italy-Brazil match
Rome: Defender Giorgio Chiellini has been left out of the upcoming friendly between Italy and Brazil, Italy doctor Enrico Castellacci confirmed.
The Juventus defender left Italy training camp Wednesday after being examined by the Azzurri`s medical staff.
"As promised, we looked at Chiellini`s problem again today," Castellacci said. "I wasn`t optimistic."
"We already knew that he wouldn`t be able to play Brazil Thursday, while we hoped he could be ready for Malta Tuesday - even if there were still doubts about that tie too. He was border-line.
"Both ankles are swollen and he returns home to continue treatment. He twisted his left ankle, but he`s also struggling with his right one," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September