Chiellini out of Italy-Brazil match
Rome: Defender Giorgio Chiellini has been left out of the upcoming friendly between Italy and Brazil, Italy doctor Enrico Castellacci confirmed.
The Juventus defender left Italy training camp Wednesday after being examined by the Azzurri`s medical staff.
"As promised, we looked at Chiellini`s problem again today," Castellacci said. "I wasn`t optimistic."
"We already knew that he wouldn`t be able to play Brazil Thursday, while we hoped he could be ready for Malta Tuesday - even if there were still doubts about that tie too. He was border-line.
"Both ankles are swollen and he returns home to continue treatment. He twisted his left ankle, but he`s also struggling with his right one," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit