Chiellini out of Italy-Brazil match
Rome: Defender Giorgio Chiellini has been left out of the upcoming friendly between Italy and Brazil, Italy doctor Enrico Castellacci confirmed.
The Juventus defender left Italy training camp Wednesday after being examined by the Azzurri`s medical staff.
"As promised, we looked at Chiellini`s problem again today," Castellacci said. "I wasn`t optimistic."
"We already knew that he wouldn`t be able to play Brazil Thursday, while we hoped he could be ready for Malta Tuesday - even if there were still doubts about that tie too. He was border-line.
"Both ankles are swollen and he returns home to continue treatment. He twisted his left ankle, but he`s also struggling with his right one," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption