Chirag rally from behind to beat AI
Pune: Chirag United came from a goal behind, to put it across Air India 3-1 in the 20th round I-League clash at the Balewadi Sports Complex on Sunday.
The unexpected loss to the Kerala outfit pegged back the Mumbai team`s hopes to breach the 30-point mark and kept them on 27 points.
Chirag increased their lead over 13th placed Pailan Arrows to six points, though the latter have played one fewer game, AI showed glimpses of what they were capable of, when they took the lead as early as the 5th minute, when Sandesh Gadkari put them in the 1-0 in front.
Charles Dsizah brought Chirag on level terms in the 31st minute, when he converted a penalty and the teams went in at half-time with honours even.
In the second half, Chirag went ahead in the 65th minute of the match, when Sukhwinder Singh found the mark before Nigerian David Sunday put the issue beyond doubt three minutes from the end to hand out a stunning defeat to the Santosh Kashyap-coached airmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA