Churchill Brothers not taking anything for granted
Margaon: Churchill Brothers coach Subhash Bhowmick is keeping his fingers crossed and hoping for a good against ONGC in a second round I-League clash at the Nehru Stadium here on Thursday.
Churchill Brothers have been a revelation all through the season. Whether it was the Federation Cup or the first match of the I-League, Churchill`s style has been a treat for everyone`s eyes so far. However, they have not tasted much success and the technical director is now hoping things will change.
"I am confident against ONGC but have to keep my fingers crossed. They are a very good side," said Bhowmick. Bhowmick said he had watched ONGC in the Federation Cup give stronger sides a run for their money. And it is for this reason that he is not taking anything for granted.
"We must play our best football to get full points against the visitors. Believe me, it will not be easy to play them. They are high on fitness and if we give them the space to operate, they will take us by surprise," Bhowmick added. Bhowmick is likely to field an unchanged side that stretched defending champions Dempo Sports Club to the limit in their opening game.
ONGC, on the other hand, also took Pune FC by surprise rallying from two goals to tie the match at 2-2 before Shanmugham Venkatesh eventually sealed the match in Pune`s favour with an opportunistic goal.
ONGC will take heart from their encouraging performances this season, which includes a 2-1 win over Sporting Clube de Goa in the Federation Cup group stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31