Churchill Brothers signs Costa Rican striker Navarro
Panaji: Defending I-League champions Churchill Brothers have signed Costa Rica striker Cristian Lagos Navarro to bolster their struggling forwardline and turn their fortunes as the Goan side is presently languishing at the bottom of the league.
The 29-year old, who is contracted to Deportivo Saprissa in Costa Rica, has signed a contract until the end of the season and is likely to replace Syrian striker Yaser Shahen, who will join the club in January.
"I`m happy and grateful to Saprissa because I was provided all the facilities to join this important Indian team. I am excited about this new challenge and the offer I was presented," Navarro said in a statement.
"I want to take this opportunity to thank all the Saprissa fans who always showed me their love and support. This is a unique opportunity for myself and my family that I could not pass. I hope to do well and worthily represent the country abroad," he added.
Churchill has scored the least number of goals in the league -- a meagre 12 from their 13 matches. The club management has now pinned its hopes on the new recruit, who will pair up with Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Anthony and expect improved performances in their quest to climb up the ladder and avoid relegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets