Churchill favourite against Chirag United of Kerala
Margao: Churchill Brothers who have found their winning ways back after their impressive win over Prayag United are now looking to keep the momentum going over relegated Chirag United Kerala tomorrow in the 23rd round of the I-League to be played at the Nehru Stadium here.
Churchill Brothers Technical Director Subhas Bhowmick`s move to play Roberto Silva as striker from his original attacking midfielder, paid dividend as he scored two delightful goals to demolish Prayag United and give Churchill their first win under him after a draw against Sporting.
Churchill`s 38 points with a match in hand seemed too far off from Dempo`s 47 but technical director Subhas Bhowmick, who took over the reins from Manuel Gomes is nursing a chance to win the title and wants his boys to play more aggressive and win remaining matches and hope few reverses for Dempo who are leading the table.
"I am not giving up on the title as I believe we are still in with a chance after our impressive win against Prayag. The win should inspire our boys to play more aggressive and win remaining matches and see Dempo lose couple of matches which will swing the tide on our favour," said Bhowmick.
"I cannot underestimate our opponent who are fighting for relegation will try to play their best for a win and we will have to be on guard. With Ravana coming back after a match suspension, I have a full squad at my disposal but will try to play the same squad that played last," he said.
Chirag United who beat Lajong and Mumbai FC were looking to remain clear of the relegation zone but the loss against Pune FC has dampened their chances.
Chirag United coach Mohammed Nizam Packeer Ali said Churchill Brothers are tough team and difficult to beat them at home as they enjoy the home advantage.
"We are fighting for relegation and need to win all our matches from now on and tomorrow we will go all out for a win or at least a point," said Packeer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users