Churchill looking to clinch I-League title
Vasco: With a point away from winning the coveted I-League title for the second time, Churchill Brothers are all geared up for their clash with Mohun Bagan tomorrow in the penultimate match of the championship scheduled to be played at the Tilak Maidan.
With East Bengal failing to stay in contention for the title, Churchill Brothers, who are on top of the table with 51 points from 24 matches, need one point from the two remaining matches to secure the title and even a draw with Bagan is enough for them.
Churchill Brothers TD Subhash Bhowmick knows that they are a point away from winning the title for the second time and would like to do it in front of their home crowd tomorrow.
"My boys are all geared up for tomorrow`s match to collect full points as they do not want to leave anything on the final day when the nerves can play strange games," stated Bhowmick.
Churchill Brothers keeper Sandip Nandy who has played an important role for India`s `Red Devils` said,"We have been through so many difficulties this season but the team has always remained united which has brought us close to winning the title for the second time. It`s very crucial match for us tomorrow. We will play our normal game and go for victory," said Nandy.
Karim Bencharifa and his boys who have worked hard to escape relegation, will be playing for pride tomorrow and looking to avenge the defeat suffered against Churchill Brothers at home to delay the title for the Red machine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court