Churchill to open AFC Cup campaign against Kuwait SC
New Delhi: Churchill Brothers, who failed to qualify for AFC Champions League after losing the play-off on Saturday, will take on holders Kuwait Sports Club in their opening AFC Cup group match at home on March 16.
The I-League champions play Yemeni side Al Hilal in their second AFC Cup match in three-team Group B on March 24 in Sanaa.
Churchill, who lost 2-5 to UAE giants Al Wahda in the ACL play-off in Abu Dhabi, are playing in their maiden AFC Cup.
Federation Cup champions East Bengal opened their AFC Cup campaign against Al Ittihad of Syria on March 10 at Salt Lake Stadium in a Group D match. The other two teams in their group are Al Qadsia of Kuwait and Al Nejmeh of Lebanon.
Each team in a group will play in a two-leg -- home and away -- league format. Two teams will qualify from each of the eight groups for the one-leg knock-out Round of 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack