Churchill will play only one match to qualify for ACL
Kuala Lumpur: I-League champions Churchill Brothers will face the winners of the match between Syrian side Al Karamah and Al Wahda of UAE in the play-off clash on February 6 to qualify for the prestigious AFC Champions League 2010.
Churchill were lucky to get a bye in the three-team West Asian group as they will play only one match in the ACL play-offs. Al Karamah and Al Wahda will face off on January 30, according to the ACL draw announced.
The venues of the matches will be announced later.
Even if Churchill qualify for the 32-team ACL, they will be clubbed in Group B along with two-time champions and 2009 runners-up Al Ittihad of Saudi Arabia, Iran`s Zob Ahan, big-spending Bunyodkor of Uzbekistan, which virtually is a Group of Death.
The winner of East Asian group play-offs among Singapore Armed Forces, Sriwijaya of Indonesia, Da Nang of Vietnam and Muangthong of Thailand will be clubbed in Group G along with 2008 ACL champions Gamba Osaka of Japan, newcomers Henan Jianye of China and Korean FA Cup winners Suwon Bluewings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan