City defender Clichy hopes United falter like last season
London: Manchester City defender, Gael Clichy has said, “...there is a chance that arch-rivals Manchester United, may lose their nerves and blow up their chances of getting the Premier League title again, despite being 12 points ahead in the race.”
United had the finishing line in their sights last season, but blew an eight-point lead with six games left, to hand the title to Manchester City.
The French footballer said that United’s players may again lose their nerves with doubts in their minds, adding that the current scenario is not much different from the last season.
Stating that City were eight points behind with six games to go last year as compared to 12 points behind with 10 more games to play this time.
Clichy said that City still have a chance of winning the title, if United draw in a few matches.
Clichy further said that if that happens, then it is possible for doubts to cloud the United players’ nerves and may get them left behind in the race for the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city