City defender Clichy hopes United falter like last season
London: Manchester City defender, Gael Clichy has said, “...there is a chance that arch-rivals Manchester United, may lose their nerves and blow up their chances of getting the Premier League title again, despite being 12 points ahead in the race.”
United had the finishing line in their sights last season, but blew an eight-point lead with six games left, to hand the title to Manchester City.
The French footballer said that United’s players may again lose their nerves with doubts in their minds, adding that the current scenario is not much different from the last season.
Stating that City were eight points behind with six games to go last year as compared to 12 points behind with 10 more games to play this time.
Clichy said that City still have a chance of winning the title, if United draw in a few matches.
Clichy further said that if that happens, then it is possible for doubts to cloud the United players’ nerves and may get them left behind in the race for the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months