City defender Clichy hopes United falter like last season
London: Manchester City defender, Gael Clichy has said, “...there is a chance that arch-rivals Manchester United, may lose their nerves and blow up their chances of getting the Premier League title again, despite being 12 points ahead in the race.”
United had the finishing line in their sights last season, but blew an eight-point lead with six games left, to hand the title to Manchester City.
The French footballer said that United’s players may again lose their nerves with doubts in their minds, adding that the current scenario is not much different from the last season.
Stating that City were eight points behind with six games to go last year as compared to 12 points behind with 10 more games to play this time.
Clichy said that City still have a chance of winning the title, if United draw in a few matches.
Clichy further said that if that happens, then it is possible for doubts to cloud the United players’ nerves and may get them left behind in the race for the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital