City defender Clichy hopes United falter like last season
London: Manchester City defender, Gael Clichy has said, “...there is a chance that arch-rivals Manchester United, may lose their nerves and blow up their chances of getting the Premier League title again, despite being 12 points ahead in the race.”
United had the finishing line in their sights last season, but blew an eight-point lead with six games left, to hand the title to Manchester City.
The French footballer said that United’s players may again lose their nerves with doubts in their minds, adding that the current scenario is not much different from the last season.
Stating that City were eight points behind with six games to go last year as compared to 12 points behind with 10 more games to play this time.
Clichy said that City still have a chance of winning the title, if United draw in a few matches.
Clichy further said that if that happens, then it is possible for doubts to cloud the United players’ nerves and may get them left behind in the race for the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K
- Brazil arrests terror group over plot to launch large scale attack at 2016 Rio Olympics
- US acts to block two mega-mergers in health insurance worth $91 billion