City’s David Silva reveals he’s been playing regularly with ankle injury for four years
London: Manchester City midfielder David Silva has revealed he has been playing with a wounded ankle for the past four years, and added that playing in England with full fitness is almost impossible due to Premier League’s grueling schedule.
He had an operation on his ankle shortly after the Euro 2008 and he claims that his ankle injury hasn’t completely healed till date. He also accepts that, as a professional one has to overcome such barriers.
“This ankle. It is something that I have had problems with for years and years. Every day, I have to look after it. It’s not 100 per cent, but I just have to look after it,” The Telegraph quoted Silva, as saying. Silva said his sole focus is to ensure City wins the Premier League this season and for him the team comes first than his individual predicaments.
“Playing all of these games in England is hard, so it impossible, totally impossible, to be completely 100 per cent all the time. When I was at Valencia, I had an operation on it shortly after Euro 2008. For some reason, I always seem to get knocks and problems in the same area. But all you can do is try to be fit enough to play as often as possible. It is draining, but the important thing is to focus on the end of the season and winning the Premier League,” he said.
“After so many years as a professional footballer, you realize that it’s all about the team.” Team first, individual second,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says