Clubs owners to meet in Mumbai to discuss IMG-Reliance’s tournament
Mumbai : The owners of the I-League clubs, except Pailan Arrows, are scheduled to meet next Tuesday in Mumbai in order to systematize their stand against the initiative taken by IMG-Reliance, the commercial and marketing partners of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), to come up with an IPL-style tournament in January next year.
Earlier the I-League Professional Football Clubs Association (IPFCA) had taken a stand against the said tournament by choosing not to associate themselves with any of the players aligned with IMG-Reliance.
“We only have a two point agenda. One is that we are not supporting IMG-Reliance’s league. Number two is that if IMG-Reliance as sponsorers is so interested, then they must refurbish in the existing league,” informed one of the club officials.
It is also learnt that the club owners have declined to meet IMG-Reliance on the said date as it would be an internal meeting between the teams. They are also expected to come out with a statement at the end of the meeting on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!