Clubs owners to meet in Mumbai to discuss IMG-Reliance’s tournament
Mumbai : The owners of the I-League clubs, except Pailan Arrows, are scheduled to meet next Tuesday in Mumbai in order to systematize their stand against the initiative taken by IMG-Reliance, the commercial and marketing partners of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), to come up with an IPL-style tournament in January next year.
Earlier the I-League Professional Football Clubs Association (IPFCA) had taken a stand against the said tournament by choosing not to associate themselves with any of the players aligned with IMG-Reliance.
“We only have a two point agenda. One is that we are not supporting IMG-Reliance’s league. Number two is that if IMG-Reliance as sponsorers is so interested, then they must refurbish in the existing league,” informed one of the club officials.
It is also learnt that the club owners have declined to meet IMG-Reliance on the said date as it would be an internal meeting between the teams. They are also expected to come out with a statement at the end of the meeting on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened