Coach Derrick Pereira to leave Pune FC
Pune: Pune FC coach Derrick Pereira will be leaving the team at the end of this season, ending a four-year long association with the I-League club.
Pereira will return to his home state Goa in order to stay with his family.
"Derrick has been excellent ambassador during his stay at Pune FC. We wish him well for all his success in future endeavors," Head Operations Pune FC, Chirag Tanna said.
"The 51-year-old`s departure brings to an end a fantastic spell," he added.
Pereira`s last game for Pune FC will be the home game against Pailan Arrows on May 11.
During his stint at Pune FC, the club finished third in I-League 2009-10; fifth in 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons.
The club is currently placed at the second spot behind Churchill Brothers, in the 2012-13 season.
"The team has worked very hard with the focus of finishing the season on a high. The management will announce the new coach shortly," Tanna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city