Coach Derrick Pereira to leave Pune FC
Pune: Pune FC coach Derrick Pereira will be leaving the team at the end of this season, ending a four-year long association with the I-League club.
Pereira will return to his home state Goa in order to stay with his family.
"Derrick has been excellent ambassador during his stay at Pune FC. We wish him well for all his success in future endeavors," Head Operations Pune FC, Chirag Tanna said.
"The 51-year-old`s departure brings to an end a fantastic spell," he added.
Pereira`s last game for Pune FC will be the home game against Pailan Arrows on May 11.
During his stint at Pune FC, the club finished third in I-League 2009-10; fifth in 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons.
The club is currently placed at the second spot behind Churchill Brothers, in the 2012-13 season.
"The team has worked very hard with the focus of finishing the season on a high. The management will announce the new coach shortly," Tanna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'