Coaches praise goalkeeping course conducted by Germans
Mumbai: The All India Football Federation (AIFF)-organised goalkeeping seminar at the Cooperage ground here came in for praise from the participating coaches who said they learned a lot from the eight-day course.
The seminar, conducted by former German goalkeeper Lutz Pfannenstiel and German football scientist Felix Imm, included both theoretical and practical sessions.
As the course drew to a close today, the participants said they would return home "enriched," said a media release here.
Former India goal tender Tanumoy Basu lauded AIFF for the initiative.
"Goalkeeping is a thankless job and it`s not everyday that there are courses conducted for them. If you notice there`s a range of coaching workshops being organised by AIFF," said Basu pointing out a seminar for coaches conducted in August in Navi Mumbai.
Shillong Lajong goalkeeping coach Gumpe Rime said, "I appreciate AIFF`s initiative. The course was such a learning curve. It enlightened me to deal with young goalkeepers and the role of a goalkeeping coach was well defined too.
"I always looked up to Tanumoy Basu during his playing days. Being on the same platform with him was an experience for me."
AIFF Academy coaches Feroz Sheriff and Mario Aguiar also hailed the course. "I gained a lot of knowledge from this course. The sessions were detailed ones and interesting. It was a great learning experience. I will pass on the knowledge to my young custodians," Sheriff said.
Aguiar said such courses can enhance the standard of goalkeeping in India. "It was great to see courses for goalkeepers taking place and with such detail. I have done two coaching license courses previously but this one was unique. I learnt some good drills which I can inculcate in my young goalkeepers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video