Cole may bid ‘goodbye’ to Chelsea after being offered ‘insulting’ one-year contract
London: Experienced Chelsea left back Ashley Cole, who is in the final year of his contract, may walk out of Stamford Bridge after being offered a pitiable one-year contract.
Cole could join any other club in January if the Blues don’t offers him an improved deal, which he thinks he deserves after diligently serving for around six years.
“Mr. Abramovich has a rule that anyone over 30 can only be given a one-year extension, but it’s madness in Ashley’s case,”
“Everyone knows he’s the best left-back in the world. He trains hard, really looks after himself and can play at this level for many more years to come. There isn’t a club in the world who wouldn’t want Ashley on a free,” he added.
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is a huge admirer of his former player and if Cole does quit, Paris St Germain and Zenit St Petersburg would offer mega-money deals.
Cole was willing to see out his career at Stamford Bridge, so this latest development has stunned insiders.
And last night, there was further evidence that Chelsea is ready to lose Cole when his understudy Ryan Bertrand signed a new five-year contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed