Cole may bid ‘goodbye’ to Chelsea after being offered ‘insulting’ one-year contract
London: Experienced Chelsea left back Ashley Cole, who is in the final year of his contract, may walk out of Stamford Bridge after being offered a pitiable one-year contract.
Cole could join any other club in January if the Blues don’t offers him an improved deal, which he thinks he deserves after diligently serving for around six years.
“Mr. Abramovich has a rule that anyone over 30 can only be given a one-year extension, but it’s madness in Ashley’s case,”
“Everyone knows he’s the best left-back in the world. He trains hard, really looks after himself and can play at this level for many more years to come. There isn’t a club in the world who wouldn’t want Ashley on a free,” he added.
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is a huge admirer of his former player and if Cole does quit, Paris St Germain and Zenit St Petersburg would offer mega-money deals.
Cole was willing to see out his career at Stamford Bridge, so this latest development has stunned insiders.
And last night, there was further evidence that Chelsea is ready to lose Cole when his understudy Ryan Bertrand signed a new five-year contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray