Cole may bid ‘goodbye’ to Chelsea after being offered ‘insulting’ one-year contract
London: Experienced Chelsea left back Ashley Cole, who is in the final year of his contract, may walk out of Stamford Bridge after being offered a pitiable one-year contract.
Cole could join any other club in January if the Blues don’t offers him an improved deal, which he thinks he deserves after diligently serving for around six years.
“Mr. Abramovich has a rule that anyone over 30 can only be given a one-year extension, but it’s madness in Ashley’s case,”
“Everyone knows he’s the best left-back in the world. He trains hard, really looks after himself and can play at this level for many more years to come. There isn’t a club in the world who wouldn’t want Ashley on a free,” he added.
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is a huge admirer of his former player and if Cole does quit, Paris St Germain and Zenit St Petersburg would offer mega-money deals.
Cole was willing to see out his career at Stamford Bridge, so this latest development has stunned insiders.
And last night, there was further evidence that Chelsea is ready to lose Cole when his understudy Ryan Bertrand signed a new five-year contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'DMK chief Karuna's sole aim to woo youth to see family rule continues'
- Why US President Barack Obama mocked Donald Trump at final correspondents' dinner
- Unveiled! First poster of Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'TE3N'
- Cyber-bullying increases aggression in teenagers: Study
- AMAZING! What happened when some Indians were asked to tear up Tricolour for Rs 1000 - WATCH