Conca returns to Guangzhou
Guangzhou: Former Brazilian `Most Valuable` Player Dario Conca has returned to China, putting to rest the speculations about his future.
The Argentine midefielder, who arrived here Friday night, will join his Guangzhou Evergrande teammates soon, reports Xinhua.
There will be the hatchet to be buried between the Chinese Super League champions and the player after Conca missed Evergrande`s title winning celebration late last year and left with a note saying "I`ve gone and I`m not coming back".
Conca had already repeatedly expressed his wish to go back to Brazil to join his old club Fluminense last season but the latter seemed reluctant to pay an $8.5 million transfer fee.
Evergrande brought in Conca in a then record transfer deal of $10 million in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad