Conca returns to Guangzhou
Guangzhou: Former Brazilian `Most Valuable` Player Dario Conca has returned to China, putting to rest the speculations about his future.
The Argentine midefielder, who arrived here Friday night, will join his Guangzhou Evergrande teammates soon, reports Xinhua.
There will be the hatchet to be buried between the Chinese Super League champions and the player after Conca missed Evergrande`s title winning celebration late last year and left with a note saying "I`ve gone and I`m not coming back".
Conca had already repeatedly expressed his wish to go back to Brazil to join his old club Fluminense last season but the latter seemed reluctant to pay an $8.5 million transfer fee.
Evergrande brought in Conca in a then record transfer deal of $10 million in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown