Conmebol considers staging Recopa final in China
Rio de Janeiro: South American football`s governing body Conmebol is considering a proposal to stage this year`s Recopa Sudamericana decider in China.
Under the plan, the normal two-leg format would be replaced by a one-off match at the Bird`s Nest in Beijing, the centre-piece venue for the 2008 Olympic Games.
This year`s final, expected to be held in August or September, will feature Brazilian rivals Corinthians and Sao Paulo.
The proposal follows the successful experiment of the Italian Super Cup, which has been staged in China three times in the past four years.
The Recopa Sudamericana pits the winners of the previous year`s Copa Libertadores against the reigning Copa Sudamericana champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed