Conte focused on `prestigious` semi spot
Rome: Juventus coach Antonio Conte said all thoughts of a third consecutive Serie A title will be sidelined as his side focus on the "prestigious" feat of becoming Italy`s first Europa League semifinalists in six years.
Juventus are eight points ahead of Roma in the Serie A title race with six games remaining.
But a day ahead of hosting Lyon, beaten 1-0 in France last week, the Italian said Juve`s focus was entirely on becoming Italy`s first side in the semifinals since Fiorentina in 2008.
"We`re here to talk about the Europa League quarterfinal return leg and as far as I`m concerned, the league doesn`t exist today," said Conte.
"It would be prestigious for Juventus to reach the semis, it`s been (six) years since an Italian team got to that stage."
The demands of both Serie A and the Europa League have forced Conte to rotate his squad in what is expected to be another title-winning season.
But the 44-year-old is ready to stake everything on Thursday`s match in Turin.
"I`ll be looking to select a side that gives us the best chance of qualifying, taking into consideration physical and psychological factors."
Conte, however, left a question mark over whether Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez, who has suffered from a tendon problem of late, will start.
Tevez was sidelined during Juve`s 2-0 defeat to Napoli 10 days ago and has been substituted in Juve`s ensuing two games, the 1-0 win at Lyon and last weekend`s 2-0 defeat of Livorno.
"We`ve looked to manage Carlos`s playing time in this recent period," said Conte.
"I`ll watch him train tomorrow and speak to him, then make my decision."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- IPL 9: Ashish Nehra undergoes knee surgery in London; cricketers wish for speedy recovery
- Left comeback in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as 12th Chief Minister
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!