Copa Libertadores: Eight champions to play round of 16
Buenos Aires: Eight teams qualified for the round of 16 of Copa Libertadores, a football tournament organised by the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol), and will play against one another beginning April 24.
Argentina`s Boca Juniors, winner of six Copa Libertadores (1977, 1978, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2007) will face Brazil`s Corinthians.
Other Argentine teams Newell and Velez Sarsfield will face each other and only one will qualify for the next round, while Tigre will play against Paraguay`s Olimpia.
Peru`s Real Garcilaso will face Uruguay`s Nacional, a strong team of the region.
The only match which will not be played between a Copa Libertadores` champion will be between Brazil`s Fluminense and Ecuador`s Emelec.
Following is the match schedule:
April 24: Real Garcilaso (Peru) - Nacional (Uruguay).
April 25: Newell`s (Argentina) - Velez (Argentina).
April 25: Tijuana (Mexico) - Palmeiras (Brazil).
April 30: Tigre (Argentina) - Olimpia (Paraguay).
May 1st : Boca (Argentina) - Corinthians (Brazil).
May 1st : San Pablo (Brazil) - Atletico Mineiro (Brazil).
May 2: Emelec (Ecuador) - Fluminense (Brazil).
May 2: Gremio (Brazil) - Independiente Santa Fe (Colombia)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister