Copa Libertadores: Eight champions to play round of 16
Buenos Aires: Eight teams qualified for the round of 16 of Copa Libertadores, a football tournament organised by the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol), and will play against one another beginning April 24.
Argentina`s Boca Juniors, winner of six Copa Libertadores (1977, 1978, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2007) will face Brazil`s Corinthians.
Other Argentine teams Newell and Velez Sarsfield will face each other and only one will qualify for the next round, while Tigre will play against Paraguay`s Olimpia.
Peru`s Real Garcilaso will face Uruguay`s Nacional, a strong team of the region.
The only match which will not be played between a Copa Libertadores` champion will be between Brazil`s Fluminense and Ecuador`s Emelec.
Following is the match schedule:
April 24: Real Garcilaso (Peru) - Nacional (Uruguay).
April 25: Newell`s (Argentina) - Velez (Argentina).
April 25: Tijuana (Mexico) - Palmeiras (Brazil).
April 30: Tigre (Argentina) - Olimpia (Paraguay).
May 1st : Boca (Argentina) - Corinthians (Brazil).
May 1st : San Pablo (Brazil) - Atletico Mineiro (Brazil).
May 2: Emelec (Ecuador) - Fluminense (Brazil).
May 2: Gremio (Brazil) - Independiente Santa Fe (Colombia)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress