Copa Libertadores: Eight champions to play round of 16
Buenos Aires: Eight teams qualified for the round of 16 of Copa Libertadores, a football tournament organised by the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol), and will play against one another beginning April 24.
Argentina`s Boca Juniors, winner of six Copa Libertadores (1977, 1978, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2007) will face Brazil`s Corinthians.
Other Argentine teams Newell and Velez Sarsfield will face each other and only one will qualify for the next round, while Tigre will play against Paraguay`s Olimpia.
Peru`s Real Garcilaso will face Uruguay`s Nacional, a strong team of the region.
The only match which will not be played between a Copa Libertadores` champion will be between Brazil`s Fluminense and Ecuador`s Emelec.
Following is the match schedule:
April 24: Real Garcilaso (Peru) - Nacional (Uruguay).
April 25: Newell`s (Argentina) - Velez (Argentina).
April 25: Tijuana (Mexico) - Palmeiras (Brazil).
April 30: Tigre (Argentina) - Olimpia (Paraguay).
May 1st : Boca (Argentina) - Corinthians (Brazil).
May 1st : San Pablo (Brazil) - Atletico Mineiro (Brazil).
May 2: Emelec (Ecuador) - Fluminense (Brazil).
May 2: Gremio (Brazil) - Independiente Santa Fe (Colombia)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’