Corinthians eye former Brazil midfielder Elias
Sao Paulo: Corinthians have not given up hope of signing former Brazil international midfielder Elias before Monday`s international transfer deadline.
The 28-year-old has agreed to terms with the Brazilian giants, who are understood to have baulked at Sporting Lisbon`s four million-euro price tag for 50 percent of the player`s economic rights, Xinhua reported.
"Elias is a big chance of joining the squad," Corinthians coach Mano Menezessaid during a press conference Friday. "We are working towards it but it will be tough because we only have until March 31."
Menezes has made no secret of his desire to bolster Corinthians` squad after the club`s disappointing 2013.
The Sao Paulo outfit backed up their 2012 Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club World Cup double with a mid-table finish in Brazil`s top flight and a second round exit in South America`s premier club competition.
Elias, who spent 2013 on loan with Rio de Janeiro side Flamengo, has been capped 13 times for Brazil since his international debut in 2010.
Corinthians, Elias, Lisbon, Mano Menezessaid, Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club, World Cup, Flamengo, Rio de Janeiro, Football news
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack