Corinthians reject Inter Milan offer for Paulinho
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A club Inter Milan has failed in its bid to sign Brazil international midfielder Paulinho.
Corinthians confirmed it had rejected an offer from the Nerazzurri after a meeting with Paulinho and an Inter representative in Sao Paulo Tuesday.
"We have decided that he will not be leaving Corinthians now," Corinthians football director Roberto de Andrade said.
Reports said Inter had offered to pay 15 million euros for the highly rated 24-year-old. Paulinho described the salary offer as "very good" but stressed his decision was football-based.
"It`s obvious that footballers have to think about the financial side just like in every profession," he said. "But it`s also important to think about my career. I will stay at Corinthians as long as I feel I need to."
"I gain a lot more out of staying here than I would by leaving. The financial part doesn`t mean anything to me. It was a great offer, but I am happy with my life here. "
Paulinho, who played in Corinthians` 2012 Copa Libertadores and FIFA Club World Cup-winning teams, has been included in Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari`s squad for next week`s friendly against England at London`s Wembley Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried