Corinthians reject Inter Milan offer for Paulinho
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A club Inter Milan has failed in its bid to sign Brazil international midfielder Paulinho.
Corinthians confirmed it had rejected an offer from the Nerazzurri after a meeting with Paulinho and an Inter representative in Sao Paulo Tuesday.
"We have decided that he will not be leaving Corinthians now," Corinthians football director Roberto de Andrade said.
Reports said Inter had offered to pay 15 million euros for the highly rated 24-year-old. Paulinho described the salary offer as "very good" but stressed his decision was football-based.
"It`s obvious that footballers have to think about the financial side just like in every profession," he said. "But it`s also important to think about my career. I will stay at Corinthians as long as I feel I need to."
"I gain a lot more out of staying here than I would by leaving. The financial part doesn`t mean anything to me. It was a great offer, but I am happy with my life here. "
Paulinho, who played in Corinthians` 2012 Copa Libertadores and FIFA Club World Cup-winning teams, has been included in Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari`s squad for next week`s friendly against England at London`s Wembley Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras