Corinthians reject Inter Milan offer for Paulinho
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A club Inter Milan has failed in its bid to sign Brazil international midfielder Paulinho.
Corinthians confirmed it had rejected an offer from the Nerazzurri after a meeting with Paulinho and an Inter representative in Sao Paulo Tuesday.
"We have decided that he will not be leaving Corinthians now," Corinthians football director Roberto de Andrade said.
Reports said Inter had offered to pay 15 million euros for the highly rated 24-year-old. Paulinho described the salary offer as "very good" but stressed his decision was football-based.
"It`s obvious that footballers have to think about the financial side just like in every profession," he said. "But it`s also important to think about my career. I will stay at Corinthians as long as I feel I need to."
"I gain a lot more out of staying here than I would by leaving. The financial part doesn`t mean anything to me. It was a great offer, but I am happy with my life here. "
Paulinho, who played in Corinthians` 2012 Copa Libertadores and FIFA Club World Cup-winning teams, has been included in Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari`s squad for next week`s friendly against England at London`s Wembley Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB