Corinthians reject Inter Milan offer for Paulinho
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A club Inter Milan has failed in its bid to sign Brazil international midfielder Paulinho.
Corinthians confirmed it had rejected an offer from the Nerazzurri after a meeting with Paulinho and an Inter representative in Sao Paulo Tuesday.
"We have decided that he will not be leaving Corinthians now," Corinthians football director Roberto de Andrade said.
Reports said Inter had offered to pay 15 million euros for the highly rated 24-year-old. Paulinho described the salary offer as "very good" but stressed his decision was football-based.
"It`s obvious that footballers have to think about the financial side just like in every profession," he said. "But it`s also important to think about my career. I will stay at Corinthians as long as I feel I need to."
"I gain a lot more out of staying here than I would by leaving. The financial part doesn`t mean anything to me. It was a great offer, but I am happy with my life here. "
Paulinho, who played in Corinthians` 2012 Copa Libertadores and FIFA Club World Cup-winning teams, has been included in Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari`s squad for next week`s friendly against England at London`s Wembley Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing