Corinthians sell 75,000 tickets for 2013 Libertadores
Sao Paulo: Corinthians have already sold 75,000 tickets for their three group stage football matches in the 2013 Copa Libertaodres, the continent`s version of the UEFA Champions League.
According to the club`s official website "there are no more tickets available for the most in-demand sectors of the stadium (the Arena Pacaembu)."
Conmebol, the South American football federation, has not even announced the match dates or the opponents, reports Xinhua.
But following a highly successful 2012, Corintianos, as Corinthians fans are known in Brazil, are confident of further glory in 2013.
The past year saw the club lift the Libertadores in June after beating Boca Juniors in the final, and Sunday the club became world champions by defeating Chelsea in the World Club Cup final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi