Corinthians, Tottenham agree on Paulinho deal
Salvador (Brazil): Corinthians confirmed they have agreed in principle to sell Brazil international midfielder Paulinho to Tottenham.
The Brazilian club accepted a 17 million pound offer for the highly rated 24-year-old.
"The situation is well underway. We have to agree on some details of the transfer so I can`t say he will leave yet but the negotiations are good," Corinthians director of football and former Arsenal midfielder Edu said Friday.
Paulinho was a key member of the Corinthians side that won the Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club World Cup double last year. In the past six months, he has been a regular starter for Brazil under national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, playing as a defensive or attacking midfielder.
He is also being pursued by Italian Serie A clubs Roma and Inter Milan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed