Corinthians, Tottenham agree on Paulinho deal
Salvador (Brazil): Corinthians confirmed they have agreed in principle to sell Brazil international midfielder Paulinho to Tottenham.
The Brazilian club accepted a 17 million pound offer for the highly rated 24-year-old.
"The situation is well underway. We have to agree on some details of the transfer so I can`t say he will leave yet but the negotiations are good," Corinthians director of football and former Arsenal midfielder Edu said Friday.
Paulinho was a key member of the Corinthians side that won the Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club World Cup double last year. In the past six months, he has been a regular starter for Brazil under national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, playing as a defensive or attacking midfielder.
He is also being pursued by Italian Serie A clubs Roma and Inter Milan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal