Corinthians win Recopa Sudamericana
Sao Paulo: Corinthians won the Recopa Sudamericana with a 2-0 victory over cross-city rivals Sao Paulo at the Pacaembu football stadium.
The result Wednesday night gave the reigning Copa Libertadores champions a 4-1 aggregate victory after their 2-1 away win in the first leg.
Romarinho opened the scoring in the 35th minute when he fired in a first-time shot after Paolo Guerrero`s turning effort was blocked by Rafael Toloi.
Danilo then made it 2-0 by blasting in from close range after his header was saved by veteran goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni.
"This victory is testament to the wonderful way the club is run and the effort we have made to keep the group together since 2011," said veteran forward Emerson Sheik, who set up the first goal with a precise cross from the left.
The Recopa Sudamericana is contested by the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana holders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details