Costa Rica not to host U-17 women`s football World Cup: FIFA
San Jose: Costa Rica`s right to host the Under-17 women`s World Cup in 2014 has been revoked, FIFA, football`s world governing body, has announced.
In a brief statement posted on its website Thursday, FIFA said "considerable unforeseen events" caused substantial delays in the building of stadiums, so it has, with the agreement of the Costa Rican Football Federation, decided to seek an alternative host country, reports Xinhua.
FIFA thanked the Costa Rican federation for "its efforts and its commitment" and said it was now studying several options that would serve as the hosts.
"Several recommendations will be presented to FIFA`s Executive Committee at a meeting to be held next March 20 and 21 in Zurich," FIFA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok