Costa Rica not to host U-17 women`s football World Cup: FIFA
San Jose: Costa Rica`s right to host the Under-17 women`s World Cup in 2014 has been revoked, FIFA, football`s world governing body, has announced.
In a brief statement posted on its website Thursday, FIFA said "considerable unforeseen events" caused substantial delays in the building of stadiums, so it has, with the agreement of the Costa Rican Football Federation, decided to seek an alternative host country, reports Xinhua.
FIFA thanked the Costa Rican federation for "its efforts and its commitment" and said it was now studying several options that would serve as the hosts.
"Several recommendations will be presented to FIFA`s Executive Committee at a meeting to be held next March 20 and 21 in Zurich," FIFA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?