Costa Rica not to host U-17 women`s football World Cup: FIFA
San Jose: Costa Rica`s right to host the Under-17 women`s World Cup in 2014 has been revoked, FIFA, football`s world governing body, has announced.
In a brief statement posted on its website Thursday, FIFA said "considerable unforeseen events" caused substantial delays in the building of stadiums, so it has, with the agreement of the Costa Rican Football Federation, decided to seek an alternative host country, reports Xinhua.
FIFA thanked the Costa Rican federation for "its efforts and its commitment" and said it was now studying several options that would serve as the hosts.
"Several recommendations will be presented to FIFA`s Executive Committee at a meeting to be held next March 20 and 21 in Zurich," FIFA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt