Court summons AIFF, Shillong Lajong, GFA after Vasco`s suit
Panaji: Vasco Sports Club has filed a suit against the All India Football Federation (AIFF), Shillong Lajong Football Club and Goa Football Association (GFA) in a local court, seeking Shillong Lajong`s disqualification from the I-league that starts from Saturday.
The Judicial Magistrate First class(JMFC) in Vasco has served notices to AIFF, Shillong Lajong and Goa Football Association (GFA) in this regard.
Vasco has appealed that the AIFF should disqualify Shillong Lajong from the I-League for fielding an ineligible player in the second division I-League qualifiers and instead allow the Goan outfit.
The court has summoned all the three parties ---- AIFF, Shillong Lajong and Goa Football Association to appear in court in person, or through a pleader duly instructed and able to answer all material questions relating to the suit on October 20.
Vasco have contented in the appeal that Shillong Lajong was found to have fielded an ineligible player Seikhohao Tuboi against them in the qualifiers, which Vasco lost 1-2 and they deserve to be awarded three points.
Article IV of the Second Division I-League regulations, point three states: any team fielding an ineligible player shall be scratched from the competition. The match shall be forfeited and the opponents shall be declared winners by a three goals difference and three points shall be awarded to them."
"We have prayed that the match be allotted to us. The AIFF is free to go ahead with the I-League but without Shillong Lajong," a Vasco official source said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list