Crisis worsens at PSV after loss to Feyenoord
The Hague: PSV Eidenhoven suffered another blow in the Dutch Eredivisie football league as they went down 1-3 to Feyenoord in Rotterdam.
Feyenoord, who lost to RKC Waalwijk last week, and PS, who are winless in five matches, sdid not start Sunday`s match full of confidence, reports Xinhua.
Both the teams were desperately looking for a win in the clash at the De Kuip stadium.. Especially the pressure on PSV coach Phillip Cocu was rising.
Feyenoord had the best of the match in the first half, but PSV opened the scoring in the 21st minute. Adam Maher finished a combination with Florian Jozefzoon. On the stroke of half-time Jean-Paul Boetius equalised on behalf of the home-team.
In the second half, Feyenoord were awarded two penalties within four minutes. Both Santiago Arias and Jeffrey Bruma were booked for holding. The latter received his second booking and was sent off.
Feyenoord striker Graziano Pelle converted the first penalty to make it 2-1, but his second attempt four minutes later hit the post. Pelle made up for his penalty miss by finishing a Boetius cross in the 65th minute and secured Feyenoord`s victory.
After the sensational win over FC Barcelona (2-1) in the Champions League Tuesday Ajax beat ADO Den Haag 4-0. Davy Klaassen, Viktor Fischer, Ricardo van Rhijn and Bojan Krkic, who returned after a two-month injury lay-off due to a hamstring injury, scored for Ajax.
Also Sunday, league leaders Vitesse made no mistake against SC Cambuur: 3-0. Marko Vejinovic, Kelvin Leerdam and Giorgi Chanturia scored. AZ Alkmaar suffered a surprising 3-2 defeat at NEC Nijmegen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog