Crisis worsens at PSV after loss to Feyenoord
The Hague: PSV Eidenhoven suffered another blow in the Dutch Eredivisie football league as they went down 1-3 to Feyenoord in Rotterdam.
Feyenoord, who lost to RKC Waalwijk last week, and PS, who are winless in five matches, sdid not start Sunday`s match full of confidence, reports Xinhua.
Both the teams were desperately looking for a win in the clash at the De Kuip stadium.. Especially the pressure on PSV coach Phillip Cocu was rising.
Feyenoord had the best of the match in the first half, but PSV opened the scoring in the 21st minute. Adam Maher finished a combination with Florian Jozefzoon. On the stroke of half-time Jean-Paul Boetius equalised on behalf of the home-team.
In the second half, Feyenoord were awarded two penalties within four minutes. Both Santiago Arias and Jeffrey Bruma were booked for holding. The latter received his second booking and was sent off.
Feyenoord striker Graziano Pelle converted the first penalty to make it 2-1, but his second attempt four minutes later hit the post. Pelle made up for his penalty miss by finishing a Boetius cross in the 65th minute and secured Feyenoord`s victory.
After the sensational win over FC Barcelona (2-1) in the Champions League Tuesday Ajax beat ADO Den Haag 4-0. Davy Klaassen, Viktor Fischer, Ricardo van Rhijn and Bojan Krkic, who returned after a two-month injury lay-off due to a hamstring injury, scored for Ajax.
Also Sunday, league leaders Vitesse made no mistake against SC Cambuur: 3-0. Marko Vejinovic, Kelvin Leerdam and Giorgi Chanturia scored. AZ Alkmaar suffered a surprising 3-2 defeat at NEC Nijmegen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster