Cristiano Ronaldo angry at Ozil`s departure
Madrid: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo said he is angry at German playmaker Mesut Ozil`s departure to English football club Arsenal.
The Gunners secured a record 42.5 million pounds deal for the German on transfer deadline day which has left Ronaldo frustrated.
"The sale of Ozil is very bad news for me," Ronaldo was quoted as saying in Spanish paper AS.
"He was the player who best knew my moves in front of goal. I`m angry about Ozil leaving."
Spain and Real Madrid defender said, "It`s obvious that he is a special team-mate and friend."
"I`ve always had a real `feeling` with him, and it`s a shame. He`s a great footballer, unique."
"Ozil would be the very last player who I would sell from Real Madrid, if it was up to me. I don`t understand this," he added.
The German playmaker said that he didn`t want to leave the Spanish club but had no option left when the coach and club bosses had lost faith in him.
Ozil became the London club`s most expensive player in a club record deal.
German manager Joachim Low also expressed his surprise at Real Madrid letting go of Ozil.
"Many Real players like Sami Khedira or Cristiano Ronaldo are sad about the transfer," he said.
"For me, it`s incomprehensible that Real would sell one of their top scorers. Mesut is a sensitive player and he needs the faith from the club and the coach.
"It seems that was not longer 100 percent there at Real whereas Arsenal and their coach Arsene Wenger pulled out all the stops to get him," said Low.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’