Cristiano Ronaldo beats Lionel Messi for World Soccer magazine award
London: Cristiano Ronaldo has been named World Soccer magazine`s player of the year for the second time, ahead of Barcelona`s Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery of Bayern Munich, it said on Thursday.
The award, decided by a panel of journalists and pundits from round the world, recognised his stunning form for Real Madrid as well as his role in leading Portugal to the World Cup finals in Brazil next year. He last won it in 2008.
Jupp Heynckes and Bayern Munich, who completed the treble of German League, German Cup and Champions League last season, won the manager and team of the year prizes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok