Cristiano Ronaldo better than Lionel Messi, claims Pele
Rio De Janeiro: Football legend Pele has said Cristiano Ronaldo is now a better player than Lionel Messi.
Pele, who played in three World Cup-winning teams for Brazil between 1958 and 1970, said Ronaldo`s past two seasons had seen him eclipse the Barcelona striker, Xinhua reported. "I think, no doubt, two years ago the player that was in very, very good condition was Messi."
"In five years he became the best player in Europe, but in the last two years, and this year, he had a problem: he got injured, he was out this year and played few games," Pele said in an interview with a leading sports channel.
"Ronaldo has come through for the past two or three years and is the best in Europe. I think at the moment no doubt Ronaldo is the best."
Ronaldo earlier this month won his second FIFA Ballon D`Or award award, ending Messi`s four-year stranglehold on the trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley