Cristiano Ronaldo doesn`t rule out return to Manchester United
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has said he will not rule out returning to English club Manchester United one day and is looking forward to seeing how they perform this season.
The Portuguese international made the remarks ahead of Real Madrid`s pre-season game against his former club in the US Saturday night, which the Spaniards went on to lose 1-3, reports Xinhua.
"I think Manchester United is one of the best clubs in the world. It is one of my favourite clubs and when I was there they treated me like a god," said the striker when asked about his former club.
"I am very grateful for everything they did and who knows what might happen in the future, you never know what can happen in football and I am not closing the doors on anyone, although of course I am happy at Real Madrid which is my home and my club," he added.
Last season was a disaster for Manchester United in their first season after the retirement of Alex Ferguson as the `Red Devils` failed to even qualify for Europe under David Moyes.
Now Moyes has been replaced by former Barcelona, Ajax, Bayern Munich and Holland coach, Louis Van Gaal - a man who has a reputation of being a hard-taskmaster who gets results.
"He is a fantastic coach and his sides always play good football. I think he is going to do a great job, he has a lot of experience and I think he will do a good job for United."
"I`m sure they`ll have a better season and I hope they get back by doing what people expect of them, playing good football and scoring a lot of goals. They are always strong and I am looking forward to seeing them this season," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’