Cristiano Ronaldo doesn`t rule out return to Manchester United
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has said he will not rule out returning to English club Manchester United one day and is looking forward to seeing how they perform this season.
The Portuguese international made the remarks ahead of Real Madrid`s pre-season game against his former club in the US Saturday night, which the Spaniards went on to lose 1-3, reports Xinhua.
"I think Manchester United is one of the best clubs in the world. It is one of my favourite clubs and when I was there they treated me like a god," said the striker when asked about his former club.
"I am very grateful for everything they did and who knows what might happen in the future, you never know what can happen in football and I am not closing the doors on anyone, although of course I am happy at Real Madrid which is my home and my club," he added.
Last season was a disaster for Manchester United in their first season after the retirement of Alex Ferguson as the `Red Devils` failed to even qualify for Europe under David Moyes.
Now Moyes has been replaced by former Barcelona, Ajax, Bayern Munich and Holland coach, Louis Van Gaal - a man who has a reputation of being a hard-taskmaster who gets results.
"He is a fantastic coach and his sides always play good football. I think he is going to do a great job, he has a lot of experience and I think he will do a good job for United."
"I`m sure they`ll have a better season and I hope they get back by doing what people expect of them, playing good football and scoring a lot of goals. They are always strong and I am looking forward to seeing them this season," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation