Cristiano Ronaldo fit to face Espanyol, says Carlo Ancelotti
Madrid: Real Madrid`s top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo has recovered from a series of niggling injuries and is fit to play in Saturday`s La Liga game at home to Espanyol, coach Carlo Ancelotti said on Friday.
The Portugal captain limped out of the 1-1 draw at Real Valladolid on May 7 with an apparent thigh strain and missed Sunday`s 2-0 defeat at Celta Vigo that ended Real`s chances of winning La Liga.
With the Champions League final against Atletico Madrid on May 24 looming, his return is good news for the club as they chase a record-extending 10th continental crown.
"Cristiano Ronaldo is fine, available, and tomorrow he will play the match," Ancelotti told a news conference.
Only three players, goalkeeper Diego Lopez, centre back Pepe and long-term injury casualty Jese are unavailable for the game at the Bernabeu, the Italian added.
This season`s championship will be decided at the Nou Camp on Saturday when second-placed Barcelona (86 points) host leaders Atletico (89).
A point would be enough for Atletico and Barca need to win to secure the title by virtue of a superior head-to-head record, used to separate teams if they are level on points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!